Senior Software Engineer - League, Game Flow Services
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Game Flow Services team, you’ll report into the team’s Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles, CA. You'll write core backend services to keep scaling League of Legends for our players. We'll need your expertise with platforms and microservices to design robust and reliable systems that are easy to understand and operate. You’ll also draw on your experience with engineering best practices to ensure that our testing and deployment tech is always improving. Finally, you’ll sharpen your eye for player value by proposing new features and by fixing tech debt that is slowing us down. As League of Legends continues to grow, your code will form the foundation that makes it all possible.
- Write code and author architectural design documents
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Develop/test/deploy/maintain platforms and microservices
- Pair with other software engineers
- Drive improvements around the team’s testing and automation tools
- Participate in interviewing, and help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- 5+ years of deep hands-on programming experiences in one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, Go, Python, C#
- Experience operating & maintaining live web services including handling emergent issues and on-call troubleshooting
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers and coaching less experienced developers from other disciplines
- Experience developing fault tolerant, distributed systems from the ground up, including gathering requirements, designing scalable, production-ready architecture, breaking down the project into smaller work items, and leading the development across multiple contributors
- Experience defining software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, build processes, and testing
- Experience with cloud-based services like AWS, Azure, or other proprietary variants
- Experience developing and operating global large scale services
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).