Senior Creative Content Manager (China)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Creative Content Manager (China), you'll be the creative voice of Riot Games in China: you'll hire, manage, and lead a team of talented professionals that will handle our inbound marketing strategy. You'll be in charge of prioritizing, trafficking, and producing content that'll engage the interest and enthusiasm of Chinese League of Legends players. This means tracking the full calendar of monthly, quarterly and annual content that is being published for League of Legends, advising teams on the best time, channels, and tone to use to communicate their content, and designing strategies to maximize the reach of our different platforms.
As a China-focused Rioter, you'll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot China Games team is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation.
- An experienced leader: you bring 5+ years of experience in a marketing/digital media role and have successfully led cross-discipline groups; bonus points if that XP includes an MBA from a top school
- Strategic and insightful: you have the ability to see the big picture and consider all the competing needs of different projects months in advance in order to design brilliantly-orchestrated communication strategies; you are meticulous in your analysis and use of metrics
- A China-marketing guru: you have deep insight into what Chinese gamers want and like, and are capable of working with project leaders to help them maximize the reach of their content by ensuring that it reaches players; bonus points if you have experience in writing or editing
- A gamer: you're a lifelong online gamer with a particular affinity for League of Legends; you use your gaming experience to analyze industry marketing campaigns, evaluating their strengths and weaknesses and spotting opportunities for improvement
- A self-starter: whether you're working on a new campaign or mastering a new champion, it's always been your prerogative to learn, practice, improve, and repeat; that work ethic keeps you going, even when the way forward isn't clear
- A communicator: you're comfortable collaborating, whether in the hallway or via email, in-game chat, or messenger pigeon
- Multilingual: you’re fluent in both English and Chinese, with an extensive knowledge about Chinese culture, and can pick up nuances in either language
- Lead creative content publishing initiatives in China, focusing on creating/providing engaging content and experiences for players
- Create publication strategies in partnership with Riot Games' Central development team and Tencent that will hit the mark in culturally-relevant ways for players in our region
- Oversee the content creation driven by our China publishing team, to make sure it caters to local (Chinese) players’ taste; structure a content strategy for each channel/format, as well as monitor the quality and tone of the content to make sure it is up to our standards
- Establish and use KPIs to help us handcraft messages that smash players' expectations
- Evaluate and advocate new programs and campaigns that elevate and reinforce League of Legends' positioning
- Inspire, lead, and coach talented professionals
- Be based in LA to better communicate with our art and development teams and help our partner Tencent deliver high quality messages and content to players in China
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.