Game Producer II - League, Summoner's Rift
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative products and experiences that seek to deliver maximum player value. We drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line. We meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As a Producer on the Summoner’s Rift team, you will report into and work with the Gameplay Initiative Delivery Lead to deliver new and updated game features which service the team’s product strategy, ranging from large systems overhauls to game balance adjustments. You will be accountable to deliver projects from beginning to end, including gathering requirements, building work systems, and maintaining execution, and you will provide initiative leadership with visibility on complex deliverables. You will also ensure the team works at a sustainable pace and continuously improves.
- Co-lead a cross-functional development team to own and deliver gameplay features for LoL PC.
- Partner with the Summoner’s Rift Product Lead to help define and own product strategies for balance, Preseason, new player onboarding, and other game health projects.
- Own and improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goals setting.
- Shape the team’s framework for discovery and project planning, provide visibility and predictability to the team and stakeholders, and spearhead technical investigation activities.
- Identify misalignment areas in development and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Assess the team’s maturity, health, and composition. Identify staffing gaps, work with discipline leads across the organization to fill them, and help with onboarding and integration of new team members.
- Build strong relationships with partner teams and craft working agreements to manage joint projects.
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines.
- 3+ years experience in a software production role (i.e. - experience as a producer, product manager, project manager, or similar).
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, setting up work systems, improving team effectiveness and health, and delivering projects.
- Experience applying Agile and/or Lean development process and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of League of Legends and a deep understanding of game systems like items, runes, and summoner spells.
- Experience in game development and/or a good understanding of how artists, engineers and game designers build assets and game features for a modern game.
- Experience running a live service with frequent updates.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).