Business Development and Partnerships Manager III - Esports
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a main reason for the dramatic growth of esports. The League Championship Series (the LCS) represents the pinnacle of professional esports in North America. Riot has put the "s" in Riot Games, adding Team Fight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT and soon Wild Rift to our roster of games. The NA Esports team is the group responsible for organizing and operating competition in each of Riot's Games in North America. This includes defining regional policies for each esport and competition, driving narratives, and supporting our teams, players and fans. We want to bring joy to fans by encouraging a thriving sport ecosystem. That's where you come in.
As a Business Development Partner reporting to the Head of Esports Partnerships - NA & OCE, you will help create and grow the Riot Esports footprint across the US and Canada and will ensure long-term sustainability of Esports in North America and Oceania. You excel at identifying avenues through which to monetize high-quality content through sponsorship, storytelling, experiences and media distribution, while also evaluating business opportunities. You understand the value proposition for sponsors and collaborators, delivering a relationship that excites and benefits Riot, our community and the partner.
- Guide the partnership funnel and pipeline and negotiate sponsorship assets and deal points
- Work with our Agencies and LCS organizations in the pursuit of common business development programs across sponsorship, retail, experiential, distribution and marketing opportunities
- Take the lead to negotiate strategic partnership and first of their kind deals, to promote valuable fan experiences and support the strategic goals of Riot Esports
- Track performance of BD projects relative to budgets, schedules, milestones and performance targets and ensure team members are provided applicable insight into the levers of the business
- Keeping sales management informed on progress toward established revenue goals and of the progress in closing identified prospects
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience in partnerships or sales
- 2+ of those years as a team lead.
- Experience converting large amounts of data into clear presentations
- Experience creating and following budgets and revenue targets
- Your passion and experience in Sports, Gaming, Experiential or Media Agencies are a big plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).