Senior Manager, Strategic Finance
As the leader for Strategic Finance for Central Technology, you’ll report directly to the SA Lead, covering Central Technology itself, as well as Information Security and IT. You will partner with the VP of Engineering and the VP of Information Security and IT, as well as the Central Tech Leadership team, to build relevant strategic and financial plans, monitor performance against plans, and implement improvements to financial processes and systems to support better decision making. Your financial craft expertise and management experience, coupled with an understanding of technology, will help you work with and impact virtually all teams across Riot as you improve the reporting, understanding and management of technology costs, which make up a large fraction of Riot’s operating budget.
- You will own the Strategic Finance function with Central Tech and IT & Infosec, defining the vision for the team, setting OKRs and developing roadmaps
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering and the VP of Information Security and IT, as well as the Central Tech Leadership team to support decision-making and align on strategic and financial priorities
- Lead crafting the financial strategy and budgeting methodology for Central Tech, Information Security and IT
- Manage financial forecasting as part of Riot’s strategic planning and forecasting (SPF) process, and monitor and report on performance against plans
- Work with various technology leaders to understand and improve the financial impact of key deals and decisions, such as vendor selection, Build vs. Buy and outsourcing
- Wear a product manager hat in our efforts to develop cost allocation methodologies for a diverse set of technology products and services
- Collaborate with vendors and professional service providers to execute on projects such as cost benchmarking and defining cost attribution processes when onboarding new solutions
- Partner with central Finance, Tax and Treasury, Accounting and Purchasing functions to service Central Technology, Infosec and IT needs, while also helping these teams keep Riot within compliance of international rules and regulations
- Manage, mentor and grow two other Finance professionals within the org, as well as any Strategic Advisory professionals eager to learn Finance
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years (or 6+ years with an MBA) of professional experience in Finance, Consulting, Strategic Planning or other related experience with significant exposure to financial analysis, modeling and planning
- 2+ years experience directly or indirectly managing others
- 4+ years of experience applying strategic frameworks to business problems from a financial perspective
- Experience supporting/working with VP+ level stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of financial systems for planning and reporting
- A desire to learn and lack of fear when it comes to complex technology subject matter
- Understanding of key technological solutions and concepts such as cloud, servers, connectivity and data pipelines and how they can impact player experience
- Experience with identifying cost drivers, especially in technical settings, and developing cost allocation methodologies
- Experience with budgeting for cost centers that have complex interrelationships with other budgets
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).