Director, Quality Assurance - QA Operations
The Director of Quality Control at Riot promotes a culture of quality not only within their organization, but across the entire company. They will shape and promote the vision of software quality control at Riot so that, "Gamers worldwide know that every experience they have with Riot will be a quality experience." They have proven experience in their role, and will bring with them a passion not only for delivering quality to players, but for mentoring other QA professionals. You will report to the Senior Director of Quality Assurance.
- Impact/Scope and Complexity
- Your determine the operational strategy for the quality control group at Riot including:
- Certification and Submission
- 3rd Party Developer Support
- Delivery of G.a.a.S.
- You direct planning, staffing and budgeting with support from discipline and executive leadership.
- You manage the efficiency and efficacy of the central quality control group.
- You lead the Quality Control group within Riot Central Quality Assurance with a focus on directing and building talent.
- You are a manager of managers.
- Craft Knowledge
- You have the extensive craft expertise in quality control and software development.
- You provide meaningful insight and consultation with diverse teams.
- Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
- Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- Strategic goal setting, tactical execution.
- Experience performance managing junior QA leadership.
- Experience working with remote QA testing team leadership.
- You've managed budgets and headcount for a team or teams.
- You've grown a culture of quality across large organizations.
- You understand the metrics that influence strategy and create change.
- 8+ years Quality Assurance Experience in a leadership role, with at least 4 years leading QA managers and teams.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- I/ASTQB Foundation Level
- I/ASTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- I/ASTQB Advanced Test Manager
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).