Senior Construction Manager
The Workplace Experience Team (WX) at Riot is just that - Rioters' experience in the workplace. We are a diverse group of disciplines focused on how Rioters engage with our workplace. This includes Physical Security for our safety; Facilities Operations for our buildings, maintenance; Food and Events programs for daily engagement; Media Systems for our collaboration, presentations, and entertainment, and Occupancy Planning, to help us understand how we occupy our world, and ways to improve it.
As Senior Construction Manager, reporting to the Senior Manager, Workplace Experience and Occupancy, you will support Workplace Experience in all of its construction needs. You will build an external team from the ground up to support uniquely challenging tenant improvement projects while overseeing multi-million dollar budgets supporting the construction effort while collaborating with dozens of teams that provide products and services in the spaces you build. You’ll make tough project decisions that move strategic goals into tactical execution.
- Improve the daily operations of multiple large-scale, global projects
- Manage projects within constraints of time, budget, and quality in an Agile Scrum methodology
- Report on projects, offering insights to Workplace Experience, IT, and customer teams
- Hold retrospectives, document, and track to completion delivery improvements across the organization
- Organize and delegate the assignment of tasks for the project team
- Ensure all resources are allocated and tasked
- Coordinate procurement and develop scope-of-work and bid processes and RFPs for architects, general contractors and, systems installments
- Conduct site visits and work with partners to ensure job matched desired goals/output
- Manage the change-order process with vendors and internal workforce, and negotiate the change order claims with vendors
- Oversee punch-lists and close-out procedures to hand-over a completed project to other members of the team
- Help with project conceptualization by providing the team with expertise as it relates to possible solutions and scenario planning
- 7+ years progressive experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in a core discipline such as Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related field
- Experience managing multi million dollar budgets
- Experience working with project managers, architects, general contractors, safety officials, designers, and landlords
- Deep knowledge of local/regional codes and ordinances that inform a building design
- Experience working with partners to understand the workplace needs that impact space planning and interior design
- Proficiency reading/interpreting construction documents, leases and contracts
- Master's degree in Construction Management Real Estate Development, Business or Architecture (with requisite development work)
- Licenses: PMP, EIT, PE or Architect's License
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).