Senior Product and Platform Security Engineer
Riot Security Engineers and Analysts hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile. At the most fundamental level, their goal is to help provide value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
Our team safeguards our products, services, data, and infrastructure. Product and Platform Security supports both cloud and bare-metal infrastructures by developing tools and providing guidance to engineers. We develop tools in Go, Python, and other languages that help Riot secure the platforms we use to provide games to player.
- Work on a diverse team that is protecting players and Rioters alike, socializing security within Riot and driving a secure player experience in League of Legends and future games. You will report to the head of EU Security and your Product lead
- Develop and automate powerful security tools and services that help engineers ship fun and secure experiences to our players
- Work with product and infrastructure teams throughout their development cycle, integrating security in an non-blocking way and educating along the way
- Develop security policies to make it easier for Rioters to build security into their work
- Stay aware of new security threats, quickly discern their nefarious effects, and suggest solutions to quash emergent issues or fortify against future problems.
- Work across a variety of different teams to shore up security on every beachhead, assess application vulnerability, and conduct security reviews.
- 5+ years of experience in a product security, infrastructure security or cloud security role.
- Experience with building and securing systems in the cloud and keeping the online production environment secure and stable (AWS or GCP preferred, but not essential).
- Experience with automation and infrastructure management with Terraform, Ansible or similar technologies
- Experience with Linux/Unix systems.
- Experience deploying applications across multiple tech stacks and regions; familiar with core concepts of object-oriented and functional programming paradigms, and have used modern source control management tools
- Experience working with distributed data, caching, networking, and application systems
- Willingness to visit our Los Angeles HQ
- Good fundamental knowledge of networking
- Experience in containerized environments
- Security testing of infrastructure and driving the resolution of issues found
- Experience with Incident Response
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible benefits allowance to help Rioters live their best lives
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t meet every one of the requirements for a role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!