Software Engineer, Feature Teams - VALORANT
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineer on VALORANT, you will build metagame client features and scalable backend services. You'll influence the technical direction for how our services are built and operated in production. You'll work with design to build smooth player-facing in-game experiences. You will report to our Engineering Manager.
- Develop in-game client features enabling players to have an outstanding competitive experience
- Work with producers, game designers and UX experts
- Integrate with central technology to provide players with several features in game
- Develop, large-scale backend services to support millions of live players (your role will involve on-call commitment)
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Professional experience building large-scale backend systems or game services
- Professional experience building player/user-facing experiences (e.g. web, mobile, game)
- Experience building game features for a AAA game
- Professional or academic experience working with C++ or Golang
- Professional or hobby experience working with Unreal Engine
- Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).