Staff Software Engineer - Player Platform, Flight
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Player Platform Flight team, you will report to the Engineering manager, and help support a newly founded and passionate team that is building the runway for secure, reliable, global delivery of Riot's games and services. The Flight Team creates and operates services that level-up the delivery of Riot games to players. We work very closely with internal game teams to build the right customization for their products. You will partner with your technical product manager, as a team of outstanding engineers to build services that are used by millions of players every day.
As a member of Player Platform, you are providing incredible developer experiences and capabilities for Riot’s game teams working across console, mobile, and PC development environments.
- Implement and operate essential services used by Riot developers, and Riot players world-wide
- Work with us to level-up our systems architecture, infrastructure, quality, and operational capabilities
- Build outstanding system designs, to serve millions of players reliably
- Mentor a growing team of passionate engineers
- 6+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- 3+ years of experience delivering and operating software using cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience
- Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Golang, Java, Python, or C#
- Experience as a technical leader on a software engineering team
- Experience with AWS technologies - EC2, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, and Cloudfront
- Experience with high-scale services and optimizations - CDN, Microservices, Service Mesh
- Experience with containers, container orchestration - Docker, Kubernetes
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).