Technical Artist II (Rigging) - League Labs, Teamfight Tactics
Job Id: REQ-0001262
The mission of Technical Art on League of Legends is to empower our creatives to produce and ship the best possible content for our players through the design and innovation of our tools and workflows
As a content-focused Rigging Technical Artist on the League Labs team, you’ll dive deep on rigging characters, creatures, and props and working closely with artists of all disciplines for creating game art assets for our game modes like Team Fight Tactics and Urf. You will be an expert at working on the frontlines of our game engine, assisting artists in modeling, animation, and vfx. You will work with our design and QA teams to squash bugs, participate in play tests, and ensure the holistic quality of art assets used in the game. You will report into the local Tech Art Manager.
- Rig characters, creatures, and props, working closely with animators to achieve engaging in game performance.
- Provide technical support to artists working in our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using
- Proactively promote collaboration between art teams to level up content synergy and consistency
- Spread knowledge of the team’s processes and help teams expand their technical know-how
- Consistently give and take constructive feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team
- Engage with our outsource partners to help them work effectively in our pipelines and deliver high quality assets for the game
- 3+ years experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in content creation tools, particularly Maya
- Strong understanding of figure and facial anatomy
- Highly proficient communication skills and capacity to act as an ambassador between various art disciplines and software engineering
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal or Unity
- Proficient Python programmer
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).