Senior Manager, Quality Assurance - Unpublished Fighting Game
As a Senior QA Manager on Project L (Riot’s unreleased fighting game) you will report to the Director, Production and oversee the Quality Assurance team on Project L. You will work closely with software engineers, content developers, artists, project managers, and producers to create value for Players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policies to develop the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set your teams up for success.
You will partner with Project L’s Leadership team and other craft leaders to build efficient work flows and solutions to everyday problems that help deliver Project L’s short and long term product goals. You will also help build the QA team, directing and tasking them, often remotely to get your work completed.
- Create a quality strategy that impacts development and product strategy within the team
- Lead the quality assurance efforts across multiple initiatives and teams
- Manage the QA professionals on the project including managers and individual contributors, and guide their day-to-day work
- Identify, recruit, interview, and hire QA professionals to help teams scale effectively
- Hold teams accountable for upholding quality and player impact as an essential factor in decision-making
- Mentor QA professionals
- Establish partnerships with engineering, design and art teams across the project
- 8+ years Quality Assurance Experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- 2+ years managing QA professionals
- Experience leading teams within game development
- Experience with product development pipelines and workflows
- Experience with strategic goal setting, tactical execution
- Experience working with remote testing teams
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).