Staff Software Engineer - Player Platform, Game Delivery Tools
Job Id: REQ-0001163
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Game Delivery Tools team you will design, author, and support the front end that provides the UX for the orchestration of all of the Riot Cloud Services (the "Player Platform") into a unified self service portal for game teams. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Game Delivery Tools team.
The team's work includes creating a composable workflow system that coordinates company-wide actions for onboarding and managing the cloud systems that power Riot Games' games. We work very closely with internal game teams (League, VALORANT, and Wild Rift to name a few) as well as other teams in Player Platform to build the right customization for their products. You will partner with and help lead a team of outstanding engineers and craft leads to support products and services that are used by millions of players every day.
- Design, develop and manage a service a React UX that is the front end for the Platform Portal
- Create and publish technical designs for medium to large features and socialize them with your team and relevant partners and customers, capturing and combining feedback, and iterating this process continually
- Become the lead expert for internal and partner extranet website development
- 8+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Experience with CSS (and modern frameworks), and mapping design system requirements to CSS
- Experience building complex front ends, particularly in the areas of human workflow, tools, controls, admin consoles, data analysis
- Experience with modern processes and technologies for front end stacks, tooling, and build / deploy automation
- Experience with building planetary-scale websites and apps
- Familiarity with "Infrastructure as Code" and tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).