Staff Software Engineer - Riot Data Products, Platform
Riot Data Products (RDP) is an engineering team whose mission is to build solutions that equip Rioters with data technology that helps them to enhance the experience of players and Rioters. Our products range from globally deployed data pipelines that publish millions of events per second into our data ecosystem all the way down to single page web apps that guide essential processes inside of Riot. Our data drives Riot's ability to draw insights about our players, people, teams, and organization.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the RDP Platform team, you will have the chance to affect how Riot collects and uses data to improve the experience for players and Rioters. You'll help shape the technical vision, and lead development efforts to build reliable data solutions that handle petabytes of data. Challenges will range from protecting player's privacy, organizing and optimizing data warehouses using big data tools and cloud based servers, and building a platform for ingesting data and serving real time analytics. You'll bring your depth of expertise of working with globally distributed systems and large scale data to help us build efficient solutions, promote best practices, and provide mentorship to other engineers.
- Lead in design and implementation of new components and feature sets
- Provide and document reliable and cost-effective solutions in multiple problem spaces including applications, deployment, and monitoring
- Be a bar-raiser for other engineers through teaching and mentoring
- Conduct code reviews for members in the team
- Work with different teams across Riot to incorporate customer feedback and provide elegant solutions
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support our live products
- Participate in interviews and hiring processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 8+ years experience in Java or similar OO experience
- 3+ years experience in Python and SQL
- Knowledge within a diverse set of public cloud technologies: AWS RDS, S3, EC2, EKS, Lambda, Google Cloud Big Query, etc.
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environment
- Experience working on globally distributed systems
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Databricks, etc
- Experience developing and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience with data analysis, processing, and validation
- Experience with open source ETL frameworks such as Airflow or Luigi
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).