Senior Manager, Product Management - Riot Game Operations, Game Lifecycle
The Senior Manager, Product Management of the Game Lifecycle Operations within Riot Game Operations (RGO) reports to the RGO Senior Director of Operations and will ensure Riot has a clear greenlight framework to guide company decisions for new game funding and for games moving through the production lifecycle. As team captain with a few reports you will partner with RGO leaders, Game Studio leadership, and partner teams across the company to standardize Riot's game lifecycle operations.
- Directly Accountable for evolving Riot's Game Greenlight Process , including the goals of the system, the means to achieve those goals, and agreement thereof with partners.
- Work with leadership to evolve Riot’s Game Greenlight process and vision.
- Ensure Riot leadership and game teams are aligned on development phases and gates.
- Present takeaways of Gate Review panel feedback to leadership.
- Directly accountable for promoting agreement on a measurable, scalable and actionable model for evaluating game performance.
- Establish a group of experts to create discipline specific development guidelines and guardrails, and align with partners, contributors and participants.
- Evolve and maintain Gate Checklists and the working charter between the Game Operations and contributors.
- Establish a clear set of behaviors and responses based on panel feedback that maintain a clear path forward for game teams.
- Directly accountable for the awareness and compliance of Greenlight plans. Work with Program Management to:
- Ensure all participants understand what and when they have to do a thing.
- Be the on-the-ground advocate to help teams prepare for gate reviews.
- Keep teams focused on outcomes rather than prescribed deliverables.
- Iterate and improve the greenlight processes.
- At least 7+ years of Product Management or Production on complex game projects;
- At least 4 years experience in people management of mid-senior people;
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent game development experience (creative, development, engineering, product or business);
- Must have experience managing video game products through the entire product life cycle - from conception, launch, transition to maintaining and operating a live service and successfully launched one or more games;
- Effective at partnering with teams and building agreements
- MBA preferred;
- Comfortable in 1-to-many presentation settings;
- Experience facilitating meetings with senior management
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).