Head of Creative Services
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with our French players, we will be opening an office in Paris in 2017. To make that launch a reality, however, we need a handful of experienced leaders to help us lay the groundwork, starting, basically… tomorrow! This is where you come in.
We are looking for a humble, ambitious and broad-thinking leader who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Just like us, you are passionate about games and take play seriously.
As Head of Creative Services, you’ll drive creative direction for Riot Games France, leading a team of visual designers and video production pros in crafting high-quality content specially tuned for our French players. Deep experience in managing talented creative-types will help you level up their skills, careers, and the content they produce. You’ll manage relationships with outsourcers, ensuring their work meets our quality bar and thrills players throughout France.
As a Paris Rioter, you'll join a lean but dedicated team of Rioters committed to striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. France needs a shake-up in how games are published: you (and any teams you manage) will deliver unique player experiences that show French players they aren't lost in translation.
- A creative maven: at least 5 years as a leader in entertainment-industry creative has left you hungry to build teams filled with talent and can-do vigor
- Quality-focused: you know why some pieces look and work better than others and can help Riot consistently meet and raise our quality bar on design, copy and production
- Bilingual: fluent in both French and English, you ensure communication without borders for the team, players, and vendors
- A career cultivator: your constructive feedback and committed mentorship improves as well as inspires those around you, helping them shape their careers, and craft their future
- Strategy-focused: you’ll contribute to the conversation surrounding how best to serve French players in terms of community, promotion and live event efforts
- Artistic but equally organized: as your teams will produce content for different kinds of use (from daily social media purposes, to epic content for major initiatives!), providing guidance to your team in terms of task management, prioritization and delivery is in your DNA
- An edit bay expert: you've logged hours working with video editing software for a production house or studio; you've earned merit badges in Final Cut Pro, Premiere and After-Effects mastery. You can provide technical guidance to your future in-house video team.
- Build, mentor, and manage a team of creative-types from a variety of disciplines and coordinate the future matrixing of team members for various initiatives
- Foster an artistic culture within your teams: we want quality creative content soaked in passion, authenticity and innovation.
- Set an efficient collaborative framework that allows your teams to track delivery and deadline pipelines across numerous content-creation initiatives
- Brainstorm, assist and work with other publishing teams to define content creation strategies that will delight players beyond expectations
- When scale requires it, Identify the best possible outsourcers who can help us handle relevant bits and pieces of our content creation efforts. Help them deliver quality assets on-time and on-budget and above all, make sure your internal teams establish a healthy and constructive communication with them.
- Contribute to publishing strategy for promotional and community efforts in and around League of Legends
- Interface, learn from, and add to marketing plans from the central marketing team, tweaking their ideas and assets to better suit French players. Get your “French touch” across!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.