Senior Illustration Artist, Legends of Runeterra
As an Illustrator at Riot, your craft expertise and eye for visual storytelling will help deliver deep engagement and rich fantasy worlds to our players.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. As an Illustrator on LoR, You'll create card illustrations for LoR and work with the illustration team to set and maintain the quality bar for illustrations in the game. You will work with a cross-discipline team of experienced developers and partner with illustrators and studios from around the world to expand the world of Runeterra through story moments that align with the feel of their gameplay. You will report to our Manager, Illustration.
- Create finished illustrations for Legends of Runeterra sets and events
- Maintain great relationships with outstanding external art studios and contractors
- Partner with the Gameplay art director and worldbuilding team to storyboard future card sets
- Work with your team to equip our partners with the tools needed to provide a high volume of memorable illustrations
- Review illustration work to help provide clear and relevant feedback to illustrators
- Develop a diverse world of Runeterra that includes representation from all parts of its wide ranging global player base
- BA in Game Art Development or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience as a professional Artist
- Expert level painting and visual storytelling skills
- Work with geographically diverse artists from around the world for whom english is not their first language
- Familiarity with the Runeterra IP
- Game development experience
- Passion for the TCG Genre
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).