QA Engineer - Player Platform, Riot SDK
QA Engineers are champions for quality, focused on testing to provide a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and improve our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer on the SDK Foundations team, you'll help us test and build a suite of console SDK products. SDK Foundations provides a globally distributed SDK that helps power all games at Riot. Your expertise will partner with your player focus to provide quality platform experience that brings value to millions of players across many games.
You will report to the QA Manager of the Developer Platform initiative.
- Promote a team-level quality strategy in partnership with QA Leadership
- Work with Product Owner and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions
- Reduce product risks through confirmation and regression testing
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated tests
- Handle communication related to test status with all partners
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- 2+ years of software QA experience
- Experience testing 1st party consoles (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony)
- Experience testing services
- Experience testing SDKs
- QA experience working on backend systems and services in game development
- Experience using test tools such as Swagger, SQL, Postman, and SoapUI
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Experience with test automation tools
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).