Development Manager III - Global Marketing
As a Development Manager on the Global Marketing team, you'll lead the development for our influencer programs to ensure efficient delivery, minimizing development risk and maximizing player-value. You will work with our influencer and marketing team to understand MVP requirements. You will lead a team of our contributors and partners to ensure delivery.
You will sit on the Web and Mobile team within Global Marketing. You will partner with a Product Manager and lead a team of engineers, UX designers and visual designers. You will report to the development lead for the Global Channel Publishing team.
- Oversee the development team's priorities and backlog
- Develop timelines and work systems
- Coordinate the delivery of dependencies from teams collaborating on the project (legal, regional, payments)
- Work with discipline leaders to incorporate best practices into the development process
- Evaluate a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery
- Create transparency and predictability through roadmaps, anticipative planning, and active risk management
- Drive team agreement on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed
- 4+ years experience managing technical projects
- Experience leading engineering teams and vendor management
- Led teams to bring products to worldwide markets
- Experience chartering large projects with multiple teams
- Experience designing and improving work systems
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale
- Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive and engaging
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).