Game Designer, Gameplay - Legends of Runeterra
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. We're looking for Game Designers at all levels!
As a Game Designer I on our Gameplay Initiative, you will be front and center in defining the direction of our game. You will design and improve the gameplay experience through the lens of content: cards! Your deep understanding of the game and its players, combined with analysis and creativity will help bring new experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to design and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
- Audience Understanding - Use data and sense-making to understand our players, and from this, calibrate your decisions to reflect appropriate taste for these audiences
- Creativity - Use your understanding of LoR and the League IP to share and consider a wide scope and depth of possible solutions, including possible effects, and collaboratively reach the best solution
- Rapid Iteration - Discover and discard solutions quickly conceptually through rapid prototyping
- Collaboration - Work with other designers, insights, product, narrative and art to provide the best holistic solutions
- Implementation - Implement card content with our scripting tools
- Rapid Learning - Improve existing design frameworks, our approaches to design, and create new ones
- At least 1 year experience as a professional game designer
- Demonstrated knowledge of Legends of Runeterra and other card games
- Demonstrated experience developing content for PvP strategy games
- Experience using with scripting languages making content
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).