Merchandise Associate (TW/SEA)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in
As Merchandise Associate (TW/SEA), you’ll join a team of high caliber professionals to help develop/promote/sell/fulfill/distribute/service awesome merchandise for millions of League of Legends players in TW & Southeast Asia. You’ll help to ensure that players in this region are excited about and can get access to these high-quality League of Legends and Riot merch. You’ll do this by helping to develop overall merch strategy, sales plan. You will also be managing inventory as well as build and manage third party relationships to keep the flow of merch and services moving smoothly and rapidly. You understand the importance of the around-game experience, so you’re personally invested and driven towards player-focused results in both sales and operations. You’ll help to design and execute customer support strategies so players’ merchandise purchasing experience is just as awesome as the Riot and League of Legends merch itself. You’ll communicate collaboratively with senior leadership, extract key insights from data analysis to help optimize broader strategy around merchandise and support.
As a Taipei Rioter, you’ll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, Riot Games Taipei is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Taiwan/Southeast Asia players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Certifiably educated and experienced: you understand the balance between book smarts and street smarts, and earned at least a bachelor’s degree before racking up at least five years of experience working in ecommerce or supply chain management preferably with gamer or entertainment types like us; you’re excited to continue gleaning real-world knowledge and know how think on your feet
- eCommerce savvy: You are intimately knowledgeable about all of the ways to get players exicted about the really cool products that we are developing
- A master negotiator: you’re affable, adept, and analytical; you know your way around a contract and have led successful negotiations with fulfillment partners
- A network nurturer: you easily and organically form relationships with players, stakeholders, and anyone else who might help make a project successful
- Self-driven: you deftly construct logistics & service strategies and implement them with minimal guidance
- Unabashedly pragmatic: you constantly analyze changes in the field to agilely reexamine and reevaluate decisions and strategy
- Data-driven: you leverage metrics and stats to make well-informed decisions and reinforce your customer-focused instincts with meticulous analysis and research
- Work with our partner and central team to craft and execute sales & promotion strategy
- Assist with the management of the catalog and sales/promotion of Riot and League of Legends merch strategy through our own as well as partner’s and 3rd party channels
- Help to optimize Riot Games supply chain to give players in TW/SEA easier access to more merchandise
- Manage the process for evaluating and negotiating with third party logistics (3PL) and carriers in TW/SEA, and serve as the primary point of contact for TW/SEA 3PLs; coordinate with 3PLs and Riot colleagues to implement processes to ensure compliance with global customs regulations
- Develop KPIs and reports to evaluate internal and 3PL partner performance
- Optimize inventory management by evaluating product flows, recommending order/replenishment timing, and overseeing annual 3PL inventory counts and audit discrepancies
- Work cross-regionally to help optimize supply chain for each country in TW/SEA with new vendors, where applicable
- Provide feedback from players, partners, vendors to Riot central team and work with them to make savvy decisions about merch and product direction with the needs of of TW/SEA fans in mind
- Assist Riot central team in designing, staffing and providing online retail customer support for merch in TW/SEA
- Relentlessly refine and improve Riot’s ability to support players based on data and evaluative processes
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.