Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform, Commerce
Job Id: REQ-0001449
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Player Platform, Commerce team, you will build the technical solutions that offer a secure and reliable payments experience for our games. You will contribute to our payments products by adding new features, ensuring high availability and reliability, and monitoring system performance. You will be an example to the software engineers on the team by shipping maintainable code, providing technical mentorship, and thoroughly documenting technical solutions. You will report to the Software Engineering Manager of Commerce.
- Create technical designs for new features and improvements
- Contribute high-quality code
- Perform operational responsibilities including participating in the on-call rotation
- 5+ years experience in professional software development
- Experience working as a member of a software development team
- Deep experience with RESTful services, distributed systems, and Object-oriented programming
- Write unit tests and integration tests to ensure code quality
- Knowledge of SQL and Database systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of Load Testing and scaling a globally deployed cloud-native architecture
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience mentoring others
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).