Software Engineer, Data - Legends of Runeterra
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Software Engineer on the LoR Data team, you will work with engineers, analysts, producers, and game designers. Our work ranges from building traditional data pipelines, to running large-scale distributed systems, to designing and operating novel machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities. You will build reliable data solutions, use your experience with large-scale data systems, and work with engineers from around the game. You will report directly to the Data Lead for Legends of Runeterra.
- Develop new components for data products, services, and pipelines with a high level of autonomy
- Handle a range of engineering problems related to data capabilities in the game engine, game server, and backend services
- Resolve issues in the larger data ecosystem
- Apply software engineering best practices in your work, ensuring that you're building reliable, maintainable systems and contribute to the engineering community within Riot
- 2+ years of experience in professional software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working as a member of a software development team
- Experience building software across multiple languages (e.g., C#, Java, or Python)
- Experience building and operating distributed systems, microservices, or data pipelines at a high scale
- Familiarity with SQL, relational databases, or key-value store / NoSQL-style systems
- Experience with related data processing (e.g., Spark, BigQuery, DataProc) and storage systems (e.g., S3, Google Cloud Storage)
- Experience with related data pipelining tools (e.g., Airflow, Luigi)
- Familiarity with queuing and pub/subsystems (e.g., Kafka, PubSub)
- Experience deploying cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- A love for competitive card games, digital or print
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).