Software Engineer Anti-Cheat
Job Id: REQ-0001482
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer on Anti-Cheat, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Anti-Cheat team, you’ll help us build a suite of game agnostic platform services that provides functionality that enables cheat prevention & detection. By concentrating expertise in game platforms, we are able to offer robust, scalable features to all current and future Riot games. Game teams integrating with these offerings are then freed up to focus on content and features to delight our players.
You will report to the Security Engineering Manager of the Anti-Cheat team.
- Develop platform services to support anti-cheating solutions that detect and protect against malicious behavior
- Help create the methodology for how Riot improves the competitive ecosystem
- Partner with product teams and security leadership throughout Anti-Cheat incidents
- Improve Riot's security posture by ensuring proper remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into day to day operations
- Develop relationships with engineering teams to understand their security needs
- Stay aware of new platform exploits and tech to stay one step ahead in the cheating arms race
- Minimum 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience in at least one of the following languages: GoLang, Java, C#, C/C++
- Experience working on platforms that perform at scale
- Knowledge of automated deployment systems
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Marathon/Mesos, etc)
- Experience working with cloud service providers (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).