Brand Manager - LOL(Contractor)
Job Id: 4389
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Brand Manager - LOL, you will act as a focal point of interaction for publishing needs for China, collaborating with central Marketing and Web Content and Localization teams, as well as partner teams. You will manage the publishing calendar to ensure all milestones and deadlines are met, helping our teams, partner teams and vendors stay on track to create and provide player-focused content. Your experience scheduling content, mastery of QA and keen sense of player sentiment will combine to improve content workflow. You will help connect our central strategy, resources and content to external partners, and help manage publishing campaigns and see them through the execution of key brand-building programs that bring value, excitement, and trust to the players in China. This is a contract role with a limited term.
- Manage collaborations with external partners to ensure that Riot’s publishing strategies are well implemented in a player focused and authentic way.
- Ensure adherence to a globally cohesive publishing calendar while managing difference beats in local campaigns.
- Develop and execute key in-game and out-of-game publishing projects and follow up through in every step of execution working with internal teams, partner teams, and third-party vendors.
- Work with a variety of Riot teams to obtain content, related assets and stay informed about deadlines and changes.
- Analyze and monitor how Riot’s game and brand is perceived and evolves in the China gaming ecosystem, through the lifecycle of our publishing campaigns.
- Coordinate complex schedules across a variety of time zones, and manage publishing calendar to support internal & partner usage.
- Be a key source of information about all player-facing contents in the China market, and act as a nexus of publishing knowledge and communication.
- Brand Management Experience: You have a keen eye for brand building and have 3+ years of experience managing top tier brands across wide audiences; you are knowledgeable about the opportunities and challenges of publishing campaigns and events as they relate to long term brand identity and consumer engagement.
- Content Planning Expert: You’ve chalked up 3+ years of content planning experience. Able to identify holes in an content operation and take timely action to create solutions.
- A Bilingual Communicator: You speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having an in-depth knowledge about the Chinese gaming culture; you are a phenomenal communicator, not only you can speak your mind directly, you can layout the logics behind; you are persuasive towards internal stakeholders as well as external partners
- A Player-Focused Champion: You understand die hard fandom and can empathize with our most avid players; you know the importance of listening to player needs because you are a player too; you understand that every decision you made would impact players in different ways, so you are mindful about creating seamless, player-worthy experiences.
- A T-Shaped Contributor and collaborator: You are able to think and contribute broadly, across a number of publishing sub-disciplines and functions, but also able to dive deeply into brand management and development.
- A Strategic Thinker: You show strong strategic thinking, being able to make decisions in a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, you show the same attention to details because you know that it is the details that make the difference.
- An Adaptable Individual: You are able to adapt across a number of different functional roles, while seeking to finely balance different needs, priorities, and challenges.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.