Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
Job Id: REQ-0001604
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all areas of HR such as hiring, onboarding, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, employee relations and off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As HR Business Partners, we are not a compliance function and we don’t make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we carefully listen to the problem spaces and work with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted consultants and advisers with a specific expertise in all things HR. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what effective human resource practices are.
As a Senior Manager, HR Business Partner reporting to the VP, People you will bring broad skills to the teams and programs you are embedded within. You will work directly with senior leadership to develop strategic talent plans aligned with Riot’s top company priorities. You will thoughtfully integrate essential elements across the Rioter (employee) lifecycle (recruitment, performance, development, compensation) and develop culturally-appropriate Rioter engagement and retention strategies.
- Partner with senior leaders serving as the primary partner to the leadership team and broader product and technology teams
- Maintain trusted relationships across the business to ensure Riot’s talent strategy and programs support strategic goals and are aligned with what Riot values
- Promote execution of HR employee lifecycle processes across client groups, including executive coaching, rioter engagement, organization design, workforce planning and succession management, people development, compensation planning, and communications and change management
- Encourage consistency of people programs and workforce management through active partnership with centers of excellence
- Manage overall talent acquisition efforts by partnering with the recruiting team to help with talent needs, prioritization, and progress against hiring plans
- Use people analytics to inform people strategies, including Global Riot Survey (GRS) to identify engagement drivers and work with leaders, managers, and rioters to manage their action plans
- Partner with the central Talent Management team to build organizational capability through the development of leadership teams (e.g. team effectiveness, goal development and agreement, manager capability)
- Assess and understand changing business and market trends and adjust HR strategy accordingly
- Manage of a small HRBP team, ensuring that they have a high level of business insight and achieve high-quality results
- 8+ years of experience in HR; 2+ years of management experience
- Experience advising and directly supporting senior executives across multiple functions with a consultative style
- Experience developing compelling, data-driven business cases and building culturally-appropriate programs and plans designed to empower the team and influence senior leaders to act
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and leadership experience
- Experience supporting a technical or creative business group in tech, entertainment, or gaming industries
- BA or BS degree
- Customer-centric focus with the ability to cultivate culture and create agreement between business goals, behaviors, and systems that guide performance
- Encourage leaders across the organization to make better people decisions with fairness and consistency
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).