Esports Product Manager, ERLs & EM
Job Id: REQ-0001628
As the Esports Product Manager for the European Regional Leagues and European Masters you will directly report to the Head of League of Legends Esports in Europe and MENA. You will be the specialist for the League of Legends ecosystem and talent development, using your skills and contacts within the ecosystem to help the product teams ensure what they are developing resonates with players and fans in the entire region.
Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, leadership, operational excellence and passion for esports will help you to establish new standards of greatness in esports. You will guide the product team for the ERLs & European Masters and work together with internal craft experts & operational partners to bring out the highest-calibre competition that inspires players across the region.
- Shape the product vision for the ERLs & EM and lead the product teams to their execution
- Conceive and implement strategies that compel players to make pilgrimages to Riot esports events to leave them with positive, powerful experiences and memories
- Work with craft experts in different product teams and use your in-depth understanding of the ecosystem to provide experiences that resonate with players across all countries within Europe & MENA
- Work with local operating partners, ensuring agreement on the product vision and facilitating development of craft and operations
- Evaluate appropriate business opportunities for Riot's ERLs & EM, conduct due diligence, and make recommendations with local and international esports teams
- Maintain an understanding and current awareness of the esports, sports and entertainment industry
- 5+ years of experience in entertainment, sports or media marketing, or large-scale event production and promotion
- Educated to BA/BS level in business or a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in product- or project management
- You cultivate contacts that contribute to esports; you know how to negotiate with vendors, partners, and sponsors
- Knowledge in project management, data analysis, marketing and digital channels are necessary
- You have experience thoughtful leadership and high-level decision-making based on clear strategic goals and priorities
- You can build a product team from scratch
- 2+ years of experience within the European esports ecosystem
- Business-fluent in French, German and/or Spanish
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!