Development Manager II - Information Technology
Job Id: REQ-0001614
As a Development Manager on the IT team, you will report to the Senior Manager, Development Management and lead teams that build and operate everything from the global corporate network and servers, to helping game teams be more productive and protect the experience of millions of players.
Within IT, we're looking for Development Managers who have a combination of servant leadership, technical knowledge, team development and project management skills to lead all aspects of delivery throughout the development lifecycle. You have experience working on teams and designing efficient work systems encompassing operation and projects with continuous improvement principle in mind. You'll partner with product leads to develop a shared vision for the next level enterprise IT capabilities that Rioters need to deliver player value.
- Align autonomous teams towards complex goals on multiple projects
- Assess the team's composition, health, and work systems while striving for cohesion and delivery excellence
- Adapt planning tools, methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful and sustainable delivery
- Create transparency and predictability through vision definition, roadmaps, planning and risk management
- Partner with other leads to shape the development of the IT organization and lead change management efforts
- 5+ years of experience leading technical projects using formal project management methods and Agile principles
- BA/BS degree in a related technical field such as Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience leading diverse teams that build and deploy digital solutions through entire development life cycle (SDLC) – from conception to launch, and transition to operation
- Experience chartering teams and projects that involve cross-team collaboration in ambiguous spaces
- Experience designing and improving work systems at the single and multiple team levels
- Experience with project management software e.g. JIRA, MS Project, Rally, Plainview...
- Experience scaling Agile frameworks (DA, SAFe, LESS...)
- Experience working with automation, DevOps or site reliability engineering environments
- Knowledge of ITIL practices
- History leading remote and distributed teams
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).