Revenue Strategy & Insights (Contractor)
Job Id: 4395
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
The Revenue Strategy & Insights function within China Publishing Management Center helps our publisher Tencent and LA-based central teams better understand our game’s monetization in China and identify opportunities that improve revenue potential. You will get deeply involved in every aspect of our game’s revenue strategy, be it building up skin pipelines that Chinese players love, exploring new content types that make the game more immersive and exciting, or redesigning the experience for players to access the contents that they love.
Revenue Strategy & Insights function, on a day to day basis, drives the thinking behind the topline of our game business, provides thought leadership and project management to systematically enhance League's monetization capability while prioritizing player experience.
As a Publishing Manager, Revenue Strategy & Insights in Wild Rift China publishing team, you will join the effort of shaping the mobile game experience for the next generation of League players in China. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you'll guide development, smash through obstacles and drive projects across the finish-line and into players’ hands. You'll help conceptualize, influence and achieve results together with our publisher Tencent and LA-based central teams
- Be responsible for continuous efforts in understanding players, monitoring and analyzing revenue performance of Wild Rift in China.
- Closely follow the market trend in revenue strategies and monetization tactics, gather market & competitor intelligence to inform our own strategies.
- Based on player experience informed strategic thinking, drive the improvement of monetization and ecommerce-related player experience for Wild Rift in China.
- Become a subject matter expert of revenue strategies, help identify improvement opportunities and build strong case for change.
- Help develop business intelligence strategy, including making concrete decisions on data infrastructure, deployed resources, data attribution models and their use in our go-to-market plans and programs.
- Collect and analyze complex data, field research cross-reference analysis, and run tests to build and validate hypotheses and more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors.
- Design and conduct primary research, applying quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure player experience and monetization strategies are tailored to the China market and are delivered to players' hands.
- Manage collaborations with partners, bridge the gap between organizations by facilitating discussions and encouraging agreement to make decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years’ of professional experience in management consulting, strategic user research, insights or business intelligence.
- Hardcore gamer. Rich experiences in video games, especially Chinese mobiles games and deep understanding of their revenue strategies and monetization.
- Fluent in Chinese and English, and can drive collaboration across language and culture.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Experienced stakeholder management and rapport-building skills
- Full-lifecycle project ownership, from ideation to launch
- Experience in advanced data analytics, modeling, statistics, etc.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.