Visual Design Artist III - Creative Department, IP Guidelines
Job Id: REQ-0001668
As a Visual Designer, you will create the best player experiences through your knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration. You will work with teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. You will understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer Artist III on the Guidelines team, you will report to the head of Riot's Creative Department. You will work in partnership with the Art Director and other artists to help shape the art for Riot's Guidelines team and establish various style guides.
- Develop brand and style guides to communicate the unique brand identities of our IP and Universe to our teams and external partners
- Maintain guidelines for the curation and creation of our guides, ensuring design consistencies throughout
- Manage assets and set organization for everything referenced within the guides
- Create original art assets, patterns and iconography
- Contribute to the development of efficient art pipelines
- Ensure thematic cohesion between the different guides created by the Guidelines team
- Work with and oversee quality of contract visual designers
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer working on advertising, marketing, or brand identities
- Experience creating original style guides and style guide templates
- Knowledge of standard print techniques and material requirements relating to physical product
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Willingness to flex to a variety of different art styles and work with other art team members
- Experience in the entertainment industry
- Book design experience
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).