Marketing Creative Director II - WWP (VALORANT)
Job Id: REQ-0001777
Creative Leadership at Riot transforms publishing’s strategic objectives into creative campaigns. Creative Leads shepherd the skills of creative partners (both internal and external) to generate engaging content that players will love and share. They work closely with Brand Managers, User Acquisition Managers, Copywriters, Artists, Creative Services and Video Producers, to support and inspire the team through creative problem solving and leveling up the ideas of others.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter. As a Creative Lead on VALORANT, you’ll report to Worldwide Publishing Creative Leadership. You will create content that introduces players to the VALORANT brand, helps them understand what to expect from their gameplay experiences, and gets them excited to play more. You'll own not just the final creative execution, but the process that leads to that content. You will collaborate with both internal and external creative teams and production partners to provide world-class creative experiences. You will lead creative campaigns that meet the strategic goals of publishing.
- Translate marketing and creative briefs into concepts that deliver on business goals
- Lead multi-discipline teams of internal and external creative partners (writers, producers, editors, directors, illustration artists, 3D/2D animation, visual designers) to deliver creative executions
- Use the knowledge of in-house and external experts to develop high quality global digital advertising/user acquisition assets across platforms and social media channels, and the development of CGI, digital and live action narrative content
- Educate teams to understand the creative strategy and consumer targets to ideate, develop, execute, and iterate
- Develop and present creative concepts to product leads and other stakeholders
- Own the creative vision throughout the production process for the team while also pitching in with individual contributor work
- Work with producers and Creative Operations to meet campaign deadlines, provide creative feedback and direction to vendors and team
- 6+ years experience at a digital advertising agency or client-side as a Creative Director
(or equivalent) with a focus on crafting and executing creative strategies that meet publishing goals.
- Experience crafting creative for Gen Z that is resonant on mobile and/or social platforms
- Experience concepting across a variety of mediums and then helping find the right creative partner to bring that vision to life.
- Experience working on entertainment properties or gaming brands.
- Experience working with creative briefs and stakeholders to create breakthrough ideas that are catered to the gaming or esports communities
- Understanding of what gaming competitors are doing to drive acquisition, fandom, and engagement
- Experience with visual design, animation, motion graphics or basic video editing
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).