QA Engineer II - Game Platform Services
Job Id: REQ-0001786
QA Engineers are champions for quality, focused on testing to provide a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and improve our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer II on the Game Agnostic Platform Services (GAPS) team, you'll help us build and operate a suite of mission-critical API products to tackle centralized service solutions to support Riot's growing library of games. By being a champion of holistic quality and reducing product/team risks, you'll help the GAPS team deliver globally distributed services that support player experiences for Riot Games products at a massive scale.
You will report to the QA Manager of Player Platform.
- Deliver a team-level quality strategy in partnership with QA Leadership
- Reduce product risks through confirmation and regression testing
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated tests
- Partner with your team to define test processes, methodologies, and work systems that improve product quality
- Manage communication related to test status with all partners
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- Actively participate in product design and feedback
- 3+ years of software QA experience
- Experience testing backend systems and services
- Experience with strategic goal setting
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing complex technical systems
- Experience with API development and test tools (Swagger, Postman)
- Experience with test automation tools (ReadyAPI/SoapUI)
- Experience with scripting (Groovy)
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).