Staff Software Engineer, Metasystems - Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0001737
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer III, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game. As a Staff Software Engineer on Project L, you will use your understanding of the entire software development lifecycle, while honing your craft in at least one area of specialization. You will work with state-of-the-art technology, and explore new solutions to surprise and delight our players. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
- Develop metasystems and tooling
- Participate in and guide technical design and implementation
- Accountable for the quality of the technical deliverables for the team
- Be hands-on with the codebase while mentoring junior engineers
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams
- 6+ years of experience in gameplay development
- BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Excellent knowledge of common game and software design patterns
- Product sense and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Ability to execute projects across cross disciplines
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience defining microservices-based architectures, scalable systems architecture and maintainable software systems for a SaaS product
- Experience in game development and using Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with metagame systems
- Deep knowledge of Go and C++
- Experience working collaboratively with other engineers on technical design and implementation
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).