Director, Brand Management - Global Marketing, VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0001808
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter, a stylish experience where abilities create opportunity for clutch gunplay. In VALORANT, creativity is your greatest weapon (for more info on VALORANT click here!).
We are looking for a creative Director, Brand Management who can help us take the VALORANT experience and expand it across more audiences, features, regions & platforms. Using your deep knowledge of brand building; your expertise in building go-to-market plans; your facility with audience data; and your eye for great creative; you will help launch the VALORANT experience on new platforms. You will report to the Director, Brand Management.
- You will develop, and guide development, of Brand strategy and go-to-market plans for new products and experiences
- You will recruit and lead a small team focused on new product launches in the VALORANT franchise
- You will be a player-coach; equal parts inspiring great performance in others as getting your hands dirty
- You will contribute marketing perspectives to the development process
- You will ensure excellent execution of marketing strategy across a matrixed global team
- You will guide and sometimes create marketing briefs that strategy to life in creative
- You will analyze campaign performance
- You will work with Development, Regions, Central Services & external partners
- You will search for and implement sparks of innovation along the way
- 8+ years of marketing experience within any one of these industries: online entertainment, mobile gaming, console gaming; develop brand strategies and brand marketing that encompasses a broad range of products
- Expert in the craft of Marketing, and current tactics and capabilities required to market products worldwide
- Experience using research and data both to create strategy and to analyze marketing effectiveness
- Experience leading through influence and vision across diverse teams and departments
- Experience bringing mobile or console games to market
- Experience facilitating and guiding marketing work for global resonance
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Masters in Business Administration
- Experience working on lifestyle or cultural brands
- Experience playing VALORANT or similar shooters (CS:GO, Apex Legends, Overwatch, etc.)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).