Senior Release Manager - Riot Game Operations
Job Id: REQ-0000654
As a Senior Release Manager, you will run the construction of the launch strategy for multiple products within our portfolio. You'll build an operational strategy on how we submit and release our products to 1st parties. You will maintain 1st party requirements, supporting and facilitating the submissions process in partnership with game team release managers, evolving and maintaining a workflow/process, collaborating laterally to promote best practices, and tracking and presenting outcomes and ongoing recommendations to the Head of Game Lifecycle Operations.
You will work with Game Team Release Managers, Producers, Engineers, Publishing, and other leads to guarantee a well-defined and reliable 1st party submissions process, and to promote the long-term vision of Riot Games Submissions team. The Senior Release Manager will report directly to a Director of QA in the LAX office.
- You'll work with Game Team Release Managers and the Senior Manager, Strategic Accounts to build an operational strategy on how we submit and release our products
- Organize the submission process in partnership with game team Release Managers, platform teams, Worldwide Publishing and other important partners to ensure that all activities are performed following a high standard.
- Help develop efficient use of the required tools.
- Work with partners to ensure the most efficient workflow/process is implemented.
- Encourage knowledge sharing and release guidelines to be implemented across teams, educating Game Teams on 1st Party submissions best practices, and inspiring change to ensure that submission processes are error free.
- Ensure launch readiness by implementing standards around submission - release pipeline, milestone checkpoints, and delivery tools.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all product schedules and dependencies and needs on a global scale.
- Maintain 1st Party news & requirement updates to Game Teams, Certification Team, and other internal partners.
- Escalate and alert when processes are compromised, product releases are at risk, or submissions have failed.
- 4+ years in a Release Manager role in Games or consumer-focused software development
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience with project tracking software (JIRA, Favro)
- Experience with 1st party developer portal sites, SDKs and tools
- Fluent in Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- Experience with strategic goal setting and tactical execution
- Experience in releasing games to PC, Mobile and/or Console
- Experience overseeing the end-to-end life-cycle of game development
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).