Game Designer II - League, PIE
Job Id: REQ-0001844
As a Game Designer on the League of Legends Player Immersion and Expression (PIE) team, you'll report directly to the Lead Designer. You will understand and represent the player experience throughout the development of champion skins, seasonal events and other player customization features. You'll uphold and preserve the competitive integrity of League, whilst working as part of a diverse, multi-discipline team to produce exciting new products for our players; from smaller-scale, patch-to-patch game design consultation and implementation assistance; right up to exploring and designing brand new products over several months.
- Take ownership of larger projects. Explore opportunity spaces and coordinate with other development disciplines to launch the project and delight our players.
- Work as part of a thematically motivated team to launch in-game seasonal Events that exceed our players' expectations.
- Evaluate new champion skins to ensure that League's gameplay-clarity is preserved, and that no personalization product is considered pay-to-win/lose.
- Work directly with artists on champion skins. Represent the player's expectations, offer guidance on the gameplay significance of certain champion abilities or mechanics, and provide implementation assistance for our more advanced skins.
- 3+ years of experience in professional game design
- You can identify what's appealing to players and why things work. You're able to translate lessons from one game genre to another.
- You can break-down a problem, produce a range of solutions to it, and select the most appropriate one.
- You can describe the goals of your project to designers and non-designers, along with the rationale behind how you reach those goals.
- You can compare and contrast different values against each other to accomplish team goals.
- History of feature ownership, with numerous successful examples of balancing bold goals against shipping value to players.
- Familiarity with narrative design or in implementing narrative-driven content or events
- Understanding of current gaming tastes and trends in the global market, including 'season passes' and other monetization approaches
- Deep familiarity with League of Legends, at any level of play
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).