Principal Information Systems Engineer - Information Technology, IT ServiceNow Platform
Job Id: REQ-0001794
Principal Information Systems Engineer - Information Technology, ServiceNow
As a Principal Information Systems Engineer, you will report to a Manager, Information Technology in Los Angeles, California and help make technical decisions and set the direction that impacts all disciplines at the IT level. You'll also influence technical strategy and decisions that impact all disciplines across Riot. To do this, you've displayed mastery at industry-standard tools, frameworks and practices across multiple large enterprise systems.
For this position, you will embark on a journey focused on maximizing the ServiceNow platform that enables Riot to be the most player-focused game company in the world. To get there, we need passionate people, like you, who can empower our vision of helping Rioters focus on our players and not the internal operations to get them what they need. To do this, you'll focus on creating business process automation across the organization and managing all the ServiceNow platform's functional and technical aspects for Riot and its partners. You will work with IT and Riot leadership to advise on best practices, provide an expert understanding of ServiceNow's functionality to the ServiceNow ecosystem, and maximize operational efficiency through enterprise tools, integrations, and vendor management.
- Work within the ServiceNow Platform Team to help manage the ServiceNow platform along with integrations to external systems
- Support IT to develop automation and implement Riot-wide process programmatically within the ServiceNow platform
- Provide expertise and work with teams across the company to promote adoption of ITIL best practices and enhance understanding of ServiceNow capabilities (e.g. ITSM, ITOM, ITAM, ITBM, and HRSM)
- Create and guide the strategy for the entire ITIL tools landscape at Riot Games
- Establish technical standards for development and integration for the ServiceNow platform including establishing a capability of Citizen Development so that partners can move at their own pace
- Operate with an ITIL mindset, authoring operational process documentation and runbooks, and providing ITSM, ITOM, ITAM and HRSM expertise
- Documentation of design, system builds, configurations, and support procedures.
- Participate in on-call rotation and help resolve live issues
- 9+ years of proven experience developing solutions on the ServiceNow platform
- Experience implementing Asset Mgt (Software, Hardware, Publisher Packs, Data Quality), ITSM (Incident, Request, Problem, Change), ITOM(Discovery, Service Mapping, Event and Cloud Management), and core capabilities (CMDB, Performance Analytics, Reporting, Knowledge, Service Portal, Catalog)
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with third-party applications such as Confluence, GitHub, Jira, Jira Service Desk, Slack using Integration Hub and other RESTful integrations
- Experience mentoring individuals in their craft or discipline, and growing them into seniority
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
- Excellent English language skills: you are comfortable presenting to large audiences and excel at writing in-depth application how-tos, documenting processes, and producing user-facing documentation
- Experience with Automated Testing Framework (ATF), Virtual Agent, DevOps, Machine Learning and HR Service Catalogs
- Experience developing complex custom applications and Service Portal integrations
- Familiarity with technologies relevant to ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, TLS, JAMF, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, EventBus technologies and FTPS
- Working knowledge of ITIL concepts; ITIL v3 or v4 Certified
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).