Manager, Software Engineering - API Gateway
Job Id: REQ-0000699
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As a Manager, Software Engineering on Player Platform, API Gateway you will guide a world-class team to build a turnkey, sustainable way for all Riot-published games to access Player Platform’s services. You will help enable game teams to integrate with the Riot Platform quickly and simply, rather than manage hundreds of underlying platform features. This will also allow platform teams to get their features to customers more quickly, and allow third-party app developers to access protected game data and platform services.
You will report into the Director, Software Engineering of the Developer Platform team.
- Manage a team of 3-5 software engineers ranging from associate-level to staff-level.
- Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads.
- Align with service teams across Player Platform on the API Gateway strategy and best practices
- Help us with design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team.
- Design the team makeup so that it has the skills needed for our goals.
- Ensure what we are building is serving our customers long-term goals.
- 5+ years as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering working on teams that ship business-facing software.
- 6+ years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Expertise with continuous development and deployments of large-scale systems.
- Expertise with full software development life cycle
- Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience supporting game infrastructure
- Experience creating, deploying, and managing containerized services
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).