Staff Software Engineer, Testing - League, Content Efficiency
Job Id: REQ-0001877
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in different domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with all kinds of new/old technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Content Efficiency Team, you will develop automated test frameworks that exercise the core suite of tools used in all the content development of League of Legends. We will ask you to work with various technology owners across all other game projects (gameplay mechanics, skin development) to make sure we have a thoughtful set of tools that content creators can use. For this role, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will also partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those partners. Our tools are desktop applications written in C++ that make heavy use of the QT ecosystem for UI/UX.
- Collaborate across multiple games and teams to ensure the code developed accomplishes expectations from multiple dimensions (quality, modularity, scalability, and industry standards/trends)
- Establish what quality automation looks like across the tooling ecosystem with testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Maintain a sense of code ownership that includes [develop/deploy/maintain]ing frameworks, platforms, and tools
- Mentorship. You help Rioters develop the tools to shine.
- Participate in the team's support rotation
- Experience working with and implementing test automation frameworks.
- Have been responsible for leading the development of large cross-team efforts (6-month+ scope), including requirements gathering, planning, and release.
- Championed software development best practices within your organization that includes reviews, standards, performance, scalability, and maintainability
- 2+ years of experience developing within Appium (ideal) or Selenium frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in the video game industry that includes working within multiple development pipelines (animation, VFX, environment).
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).