Senior VFX Artist - Wild Rift, Personalization
Job Id: REQ-0001953
As a member of the Real-Time VFX team at Riot Games, you understand and can articulate sleek, dynamic, and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. With your experience, you'll direct a team of VFX artists to create aesthetically stunning visual effects that communicate gameplay. You'll use your attuned eye for artistic and technical execution to help others breathe life into diverse spell effects and capture the essence of hundreds of champions.
As Senior VFX Artist on Wild Rift's personalization team, you will work with artists of all disciplines, designers, and narrative to bring League of Legends' beloved champions and skins to life on Wild Rift. You will find the balance between remaining authentic to League of Legends VFX while reimagining them for a new platform. As an experienced VFX artist, you'll work with your partners to envision and develop stories and spell effect compositions for champions and skins that breathe new life into our IP. You will report into the Art Director.
- Work with other art disciplines to create efficient solutions for building the look and feel of the character/creature
- Direct others on how to visualize effects from genres of all kinds to deepen our players' connection to our champions and skins
- Bring your ideas for vibrant, exciting, and globally resonant new VFX for Wild Rifts' turntables and in-game effects
- Provide artistic and technical direction to external partners
- 5+ years experience in game development
- Knowledge of Unity and Photoshop
- Understand fundamentals like gameplay clarity, timing, shape language, color theory, and mesh engineering
- Mandarin proficiency
- Broad knowledge of LoL skins, champions, and League IP
- Experience giving direction and delivering clear, constructive feedback to vendors
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).