Principal Story Visual Development Artist - Global Market
Job Id: REQ-0001915
Principal Story Development Artists at Riot help to oversee the quality and art of multiple projects with a focus on visual storytelling, direction, and consistency. Their scope of responsibilities covers the marquee assets in a campaign. Sometimes more than one campaign at a given time. Other responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of your fellow artists and the teams you work with on the campaigns they deliver.
As the Principal Story Development Artist on LoL Inc. Marketing, your role is to provide art direction and story development through illustration alongside a multi-disciplinary creative team to make multi-media content. You support your team through advocating for artistic quality and collaboration on the Marketing teams’ largest Franchise brand moments.
- Provide high quality illustrated work for production that deliver on the creative strategy
- Strategize, improve or develop efficient art pipelines and tooling
- Improve efforts to build outsourcing strategies and documentation
- Provide story and art feedback to internal and external developers to maintain quality and consistency throughout the campaign
- Partner with the Art Director and Craft Leads to shape and drive overall art strategy for LOL Inc. Marketing
- Determine skills and timing needed to achieve a successful campaign
- Help to establish art style, tone and tactics for multiple features of a campaign
- Help build and communicate the role of the Story Development Art Discipline across Riot and the Industry
- 10+ years of experience, including 5+ working as an IC in publishing or animation related industry and 2+ years of professional experience providing art direction and mentorship across a multi-disciplinary team
- Solid knowledge of Illustration, concept / design, storytelling, animation with understanding of the creative development process
- Showcase ability to paint or draw in a variety of art styles
- Persistent self-education around innovations in marketing creative
For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Knowledge of League of Legends IP
- Experience owning and effectively communicating about projects and workflow
- Experience in Visual Development or world building for games, film, or animation
- Experience in areas such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or 2D/CG Production
- User experience as it relates to web, mobile, television, and film development
- Creative direction and campaign strategic development
- Project leadership experience
- Creative Tools such as Photoshop, ZBrush, Clip Studio Pro, Blender, Storyboard Pro, Maya, any other 3D / 2D software, adobe creative suite or video production tools
- Active member of your craft community
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).