Job Id: REQ-0001965
As Insights Strategist in the China Strategic Advisory team, you’ll join a dedicated team committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming. Specifically, you will take care of strategy and insights initiatives for CN Regional and support to ensure the whole office is equipped with decision-making support. You’ll identify areas where strategy and insights can help improve outcomes and be more player-informed.
The role would closely work with the China development and incubation team to analyze industrial product trends and generate insights on different game genres, in order to support the future vision of CN on game development.
- Game Development Support
- New Game Market Research: monitor and analyze Chinese game market in order to identify potential genre opportunities.
- Support R&D pipeline in terms of genre and player insights in prototype and pre-production stages
- Market intelligence
- Monitor market trends and dynamics, especially on new games and outstanding performers, and come up with actionable recommendations for the game teams
- Develop meaningful insight assessments on various game genres and key game titles and support cross-functional teams to explore development opportunities for new games
- Collect and analyze complex data, field research cross-reference analysis, and run tests to build and validate hypotheses and more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
- Communicate insights and strategic recommendations to other teams, fueling their ideation and decision making
- Closely work with central SA departments to together build Riot level intelligence infrastructure
- 3+ years of professional work experience conducting industry market research, reports of genre deep-dives, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Game genre knowledge: a wide range of exposures in different game genres, with deep understanding of gameplay, monetization and campaigns
- Deep knowledge of League of Legends gameplay and metagame systems
- Strong communication skills to work together with cross-functional teams
- BA degree and above, with fluent English language skill
- Graduate degree preferred or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- Knowledge around strategies and analytics is preferred
- Professional experience in video games, internet, digital, entertainment
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).