China IT Lead
Job Id: REQ-0002063
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. In 2015, Riot Games China was setup and is dedicated to creating tailored experiences for local players. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve game experiences and beyond! We are looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. That’s where you come in!
As the China IT Lead, you will lead our IT operation in China through a time of high growth. You will work closely with the China management team to develop and execute local IT strategies and initiatives. You will also collaborate with global and regional IT teams to support critical IT projects across Riot. Since we are a relatively flat organization, we are looking for someone who can lead and at the same time roll up the sleeves whenever needed.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the China leadership team to define local IT strategies and drive process optimization wherever necessary.
- Work closely with global and regional IT teams to build and manage China offices’ IT practices, including security design, systems, equipment, business applications, and IT helpdesk deliveries.
- Lead and deliver IT helpdesk services including managing outsourced vendors to ensure high-quality solutions and service levels. Inventory, maintenance, and troubleshooting for all hardware and compute infrastructure.
- Fiscal responsibility and budget oversight to drive accuracy.
- Collaborate with the dev team on identifying IT requirements for game development.
- Deploy solutions that will optimize data flow across local network and data centers and increase workforce productivity.
- Partner with facilities team to lead and support the IT, AV, and buildout of future expansions in China.
- Evaluate changing IT trends and adopt industry best practices to continuously drive improvements with the latest digital solutions.
- Maintain and enforce IT policies and procedures. Ensure the IT portfolio and internal controls comply with regulatory and compliance standards. Work closely with global and regional InfoSec team to secure and protect all of Riot’s data and content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or IT related disciplines
- Over 8 years of experience in IT service management
- Over 3 years of people management experience
- Solid knowledge on the latest technology trends with strong expertise in project management methodologies and tools
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Resilient and excited about ambiguities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).