Senior Art Project Manager, Riot China Publishing (Contractor)
Job Id: 4444
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Senior Art Project Manager at Riot transforms publishing’s strategic goals into creative campaigns. We perform creative alchemy to provide marketing that players’ love.
Values include authenticity, collaboration, craft excellence and new ideas.Our content producers promote the skills of our creative partners to produce engaging content that players will love and share, while creating efficient creative processes to support this Riot-wide goal.
- Build up and maintain the project roadmap/schedule with estimation of the scope of work; Determine the resource plan to meet the product requirements; enhances personal understanding of the production process and actively offers input;
- Provides input for departmental planning (i.e. resource planning, cost estimates etc.); can facilitate process improvements across departments;
- Partner with various teams to gather, assess, and thoroughly understand their documentation needs.
- Plan content strategy by forecasting long-term deliverables + establish definitions, delays, sequencing, and task interdependencies.
- Enhance coordination and collaboration by creating a culture of openness and exchange that lets the team achieve common goals as a cohesive unit.
- Communicating to project partners including oversea partners and venders on status update, resources, schedule, dependencies, risks and processes.
- Meet with team members to align tasks, clarify milestones, prioritize deliverables, discuss project progression and setbacks, etc.
- Help define how to apply and respect best practices for content creation and management + keep an eye out for process improvement opportunities.
- Implement and monitor the cycle of each development process, support team as needed; Produce milestone report and ensure the deliverables on time and on quality
- Marketing vendor selections and contract handling
- 5+ Project management or other relevant experience
- Strong mediation and conflict resolution skills, Fluent English and Mandarin skills
- In-depth knowledge of content project management, including technical, informational, and training content
- An influential, inspirational, and inclusive leadership style that rallies people around common goals
- Solid organizational skills, an eye for detail, and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills: you understand the importance of strong relationships and know how to adapt your communication style to the context (in English and mandarin)
- A flair for analysis and innovation that pushes you to explore and introduce better ways of doing things
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
As a Senior Project Manager you will report to the Senior Art Direct Manager. You will help transform Riot publishing strategic goals into creative campaigns that surprise and delight our players. You will work with both the global and China marketing team, managing relationships with our vendors and contractors. You will oversee the workflow of multiple campaign assets, ensuring campaign goals success. You will lead end-to-end content creation and production processes across the Wild Rift teams.
Evolving culture and operations to make creative production sustainable is your mission, if you should choose to accept it. Your vision is to ensure new creative through operational excellence. You will help deliver a high volume of creative assets while supporting team health and balance.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.