Senior Internal Communications Strategist
Job Id: REQ-0002059
Riot’s Internal Comms team members endeavor to shape our internal environment by crafting communication plans, programs, and moments that celebrate Riot’s playful, informal and passionate culture. We strive to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that’s smart, well-crafted, and authentic. We cover everything vital to internal messaging and work across all teams to create a passionate and ongoing, lively two-way conversation between Riot and Rioters on the issues that matter most to players and to us. We love games and enjoy telling the emotionally resonant stories that connect us to players and our mission.
As a Senior Internal Comms Strategist - Executive and Corporate, you'll help Rioters worldwide stay informed about what's happening in and around Riot and stay engaged with our culture. You'll work with Riot's leadership team to develop and work on global comms plans and programs that bridge the gap for Rioters globally, while cutting through the noise to surface meaningful information. You'll be a trusted partner to level up how we keep Rioters connected and informed. You'll become a master of Riot's voice and a trusted partner with an understanding of our internal audiences, helping us to think about and manage how we message things to Rioters across a variety of platforms. You'll set the bar globally for how we communicate, while enhancing comms skills for those around you. You'll know and understand what's happening across the company, and surface stories that matter to the company and Riot's culture.
- Develop global communication plans and strategies for executive projects that balance, and address, both business goals and Rioter needs, and synchronize messaging beats for maximum impact across all our channels
- Lead our RiotNow Program, Cultural Storytelling Program, and multiple executive engagement programs, working collaboratively across ALL parts of Riot to guide alignment and results
- Craft messaging with a connection to Riot's vision, mission, strategy, and DNA
- Cultivate relationships with global teams, and find opportunities to improve engagement with leadership, and how we curate and highlight relevant updates for Rioters around the world
- Be a trusted partner; by quickly developing time-sensitive, important messaging for Riot, while also evaluating and reporting on Rioter sentiment
- Support any number of internal comms projects as priorities change, whether it's strategizing on a messaging plan, addressing a crisis comms moment, or working on a Riot event
- Be a strategic advisor for partners and internal comms team members on the ins and outs of communicating at Riot
- Keep a finger on the pulse of Riot, surfacing stories and campaigns that reflect who we are, what we care about, and what we need to know as a company
- Build an authentic relationship with Rioters through transparent, thoughtful, and resonant messaging that's certified 100% bullshit-free
- You've been working within the comms space serving internal and/or external audiences for at least 6+ years, supporting a variety of partners and executive level leaders
- Have at least 3 years of message crafting experience for global audiences
- You have a broad comms toolkit that you use to master any communication task at hand
- You exercise great discretion as it relates to confidential information
- You're an excellent partner and know how to work with multiple teams to accomplish necessary goals
- You know how to measure the impact and resonance of your work
- You understand current trends in the internal comms space, with the experience to back it up
- You're tilt-proof, and can respond to sensitive situations in an assuring manner
- Experience working with executives at tech or creative entertainment companies
- Passion for gaming and empathy for the player experience is a huge plus!
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the Rioter experience. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, being a masterful partner that can create resonant messaging and experiences will blow us away. If you embody player empathy and ensure every aspect of our internal narrative speaks to that, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).