Manager, Internal Communications - HR & Corporate Functions
Job Id: REQ-0002050
Riot's Internal Comms team members endeavor to shape our internal environment by creating communication plans, programs, and moments that celebrate Riot's playful, informal and passionate culture. We aim to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted, and authentic. We cover everything necessary to internal messaging and work with all teams to create a passionate and ongoing, lively two-way conversation between Riot and Rioters on the issues that matter most to players and to us. We love games and enjoy telling the emotionally resonant stories that connect us to players and our mission.
The Manager, Internal Communications, reporting to the Director, Internal Communications, will be the go-to partner for our Enterprise teams and would support them in developing internal comms strategies and plans, including advising executive level leaders on their messaging. Enterprise comms impact every Rioter across Riot. You will shape the way we talk about our enterprise initiatives and any subsequent change management, which shapes how Rioters feel about Riot and their level of trust in leadership. You will call the shots for any Enterprise internal comms, independently partnering with Enterprise teams to help them achieve their goals. When supporting executive level leaders, you will work in partnership with the Director of Internal Comms to ensure tight alignment in driving Riot core messaging.
- Develop and work on global communication strategies and engagement plans for enterprise initiatives that balance, both business goals and Rioter needs
- Manage and support a small team of diverse internal comms professionals
- Work with Internal Comms team members to support enterprise comms experiences, pulling in relevant SMEs and channel owners for guidance
- Ghostwrite for a select group of executive level enterprise leaders
- Provide Internal Comms team members with visibility into essential enterprise initiatives and related comms plans for editorial management
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
- 6 years, including 2 years of management experience
- Experience developing communication plans, managing projects, and creating messaging for enterprise and corporate initiatives
- Experience working with a variety of mediums - video, visual, written, audio, live presentations, etc.
- Experience managing communication programs and people in large, highly engaged organizations
- Experience managing comms professionals
- Depth of understanding of current trends in the internal comms space
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work with several internal teams
- The ability to collaborate closely with executives and team members alike to deliver high-quality work, with broader comms goals
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).