Technical Product Manager III - Riot Developer Experience
Job Id: REQ-0002083
As a Technical Product Manager within the Riot Developer Experience Team you will collaborate with multiple engineering teams and product managers to accelerate how games are produced, iterated on and operated at a global scale. You will manage the portfolio of investments, make decisions about team scope, and ensure that the sub-teams for which you are responsible have vision, direction, and that they produce results.
The portfolio of teams within the scope of this role have multiple operational models and run games in public cloud providers and Riot’s own private cloud. Your customers and users range from prototype-level R&D teams like Legends of Runeterra, Project A and Project L, to feature teams on League of Legends creating the next big experience. You will report to the Head of Infrastructure.
- Build the long-term vision and strategy for products as they mature, maintain a deep competitive awareness and identify global business opportunities worthy of investment
- Engage with our customers and partners, to learn about the needs of our ecosystem and to balance investments across a portfolio of teams and projects
- Lead collaboration across our teams and customers and partners to guide feature priorities, product releases and customer engagement
- Lead the team in creating a process to ensure each new release has well-defined, essential metrics and the proper tracking mechanisms to measure key product and business metrics
- Define and measure goals for multiple teams and products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years professional experience in program/product management, operations analysis, or engineering
- Understand cloud infrastructure technology and how it is used by customers and the partner ecosystem
- Strategic vision experience including defining a comprehensive strategy and product road map, and gaining support from partners at all levels
- Experience working directly with engineering teams to ensure the products they build meet the needs of the partners and customers that use them
- Understand the technical effects of decisions and product change impact
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).