Head of Business Development, SEA
Job Id: REQ-0002112
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Head of Business Development, you will drive new business opportunities with strategic partners across Southeast Asia (SEA). You will build valuable alliances and drive incremental revenue across esports, merchandise, licensing, and co-marketing opportunities. As a member of the SEA leadership team, you will drive cohesion across our disciplines and act as a sounding board for the General Manager into the efficacy and potential of new business opportunities.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team oversees the Southeast Asia region: Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
- Build a holistic cross-market and cross-product strategic partnerships strategy
- Develop and execute a sales strategy through effective media planning, pitch-book creation, production follow-up, and the provisionment of account services
- Leverage partners to continually develop the Riot brand and the brands of our games
- Generate significant out-of-game revenue through sponsorship and broadcasting deals; from sourcing, structuring and closing, through campaign implementation and partner retention
- Steer our broader League of Legends intellectual property licensing efforts for merchandising and other licensed products/services
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective and current partners across gaming and non-gaming verticals
- Build and manage a small, high performing team; regularly assess the team’s maturity, health, and composition; relentless strive for cohesion gains across the board
- BA/BSc in a relevant field with 5+ years of work experience in media sales or business development
- Have an existing extensive network of brands and advertisers across SEA
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you can effectively shift gears quickly and comfortably, decide and act without having the complete picture, and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Articulate, highly communicative, and intrinsically collaborative; you can communicate complex, technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders both internal to the SEA team and across the global Riot organization
- You see the bigger picture, read between the lines, and think five steps ahead of the industry
- MBA qualification preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of the players in the gaming, esports, technology and entertainment verticals
- Experience with product development and innovation; not only do you execute sales but you possess the creativity to design new and compelling products to sell
- Experience building licensed products at scale across Southeast Asia
- Significant contract negotiation and management experience for a wide variety of international deal structures
- Experience within the telecommunications and associated industries
- Experience managing complex financial models and analyses to optimize business and player value
- Command of a relevant language preferred but not required (Mandarin, Thai, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Bahasa Malay/Indonesian)
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Monthly phone bill allowance
- Monthly food allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.