Technical Product Manager II - Accounts & Identity
Job Id: REQ-0002133
Technical Product Managers combine deep technical knowledge and experience with product leadership capabilities to enable Riot Games to deliver key products and supporting systems to players. You will develop and execute development strategies on Riot's products and technologies while leading diverse teams to deliver creative solutions to our most difficult technical challenges.
As Technical Product Manager II on the Riot Accounts team you will help pave the road for a new generation of games and entertainment experiences across the globe. Your vision and leadership will help Riot Games to launch products like League of Legends: Wild Rift, Legends of Runeterra, or Valorant on new game platforms (Mobile and Console), unlock game development for new types of games from Riot (2nd party developers, independent Riot Forge game studios,, and Partner region developers). You will report to the production lead for Riot Metagames Systems.
The Riot Accounts team is focused on building and enhancing services that power the player authentication and authorization systems that get players into League of Legends and all our other games and online experiences. As the Technical Product Manager of this group you will lead the product planning to support new game scenarios and new Riot business models. Your collaboration with internal partners will ensure that our teams are positioned for success to bring their games and features to players faster.
- Develop the technical product vision and development strategy for Riot Accounts, Riot Sign-On and related systems and services based on game and player needs
- Manage all essential customer and partner relationships including game teams and other internal Riot teams developing vertically integrated customer-facing capabilities (Riot Client, League+, Riot Player Support, etc.)
- Manage the product team backlog, product road map, oversee improvement process, and scrum ceremonies for the team
- Manage important requirements, customer and partner communications, and ensure the product team is aligned with Riot's goals
- Review and develop Service Level Agreements and Goals with all core customers
- Partner and collaborate with the Engineering Manager and Technical Leads on Riot Accounts to align on the product and technical plan the team executes against.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, preferable on services / API technical product teams
- Excellent team leadership, ability to refine technical product vision
- Understand operational and development challenges and conflict resolution techniques
- Hands-on experience leading agile (scrum) teams
- Understand product management and how to navigate around constraints while finding balanced solutions
- Background in development of cloud-based services, operations, or infrastructure preferably in the space of authentication, single-sign on, and OAuth 2.0 related systems and services
- Understanding of API-based products, primary components and of customer experience (developer experience)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.