Brand Manager II - Global Marketing
Job Id: REQ-0002169
Riot Forge was announced in 2019, as a 3rd party publishing label of Riot Games. Riot Forge Publishing team’s role is to introduce our products to players and form authentic relationships with them through compelling storytelling.
Reporting into the Riot Forge publishing lead, the Brand Manager will be responsible for using strong relationship and strategy first leadership skills to work closely with the Riot Forge Development teams and coordinate across Riot’s WW Publishing organization and other key partners to develop global creative assets, marketing strategies and tactics, and cross-promotional programs throughout the Forge game product life cycle. This role will also interact on a regular basis with external groups including first parties, promotional partners, distribution platforms, and agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in console game marketing, strong partners network, strong EQ, relationship building skills and passionate about video games, entertainment and digital innovation.
- Support the Brand Manager in execution of marketing plans by managing tactics that support objectives and strategies for product launches.
- Partner with cross functional teams and game development studios and work with multiple stakeholders to help shape the marketing campaign plans and assets.
- Support the Brand Manager in managing asset delivery and distribution of campaign assets including but not limited to: Trailers, Social Media, Digital Media, Promotion & Events, Packaging, Metadata and other materials.
- Provide product updates, track and be accountable for delivery of brand materials worldwide on time and on budget.
- Actively work with Riot’s WWP to partner and track regional Marketing, Social, Influencer, Partner and Content Marketing programs
- Where appropriate, support logistics and organization of presence, and demonstrate product at trade shows and events.
- Develop and maintain strong direct relationships with content partners, agencies and distribution platforms while executing key content initiatives.
- Actively monitor competition activity and provide relevant reports & analysis (competitor, risk etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field required.
- 3+ years marketing experience in the entertainment and/or video game industry.
- Able to effectively present and demonstrate products to internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of the games market (e.g. past and current game feature sets, title performance, marketing tactics, etc.).
- Understand brand campaign KPI’s, metrics, analytics, and media to develop creative strategies.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal. Must be able to manage communications effectively across a worldwide organization.
- Must be collaborative with strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple products simultaneously while working with multiple teams.
- Must be a resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Requires a self -starter with a high level of initiative and strong sense of ownership.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suites programs required.
- Experience in launching at least two games (indie or larger) on console.
- Prior experience working closely with (or for) a game developer
- Have an understanding of the game development process and cycles.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios. Note: Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Reddit examples are a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of media, programmatic, and user acquisition are a plus.
- Preferred candidates will have working knowledge/interest in content production, creation, and partnerships.
- Preferred candidates will play games on a weekly basis on console, mobile and/or PC.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).